Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It.

In my earlier post, I described how 'it' is back.  So what is 'it'??

Honesly I have no idea if I can explain it.  I'm confident there are other runners out there who know exactly what I'm talking about.  They know that 'it' is common, needed...whatever. 

It. 
A freedom. A feeling.  A detmination.  A knowledge.  A new kind of confidence. A happiness.  A strength.  An enjoyment.  A power.  A balance. An excitment.  An ability.  A talent.  A challenge.  A zone.  A meditation.  A thought process. A success.  An adrenaline.  A push.  A speed.  An epiphany. 

It comes and goes, nothing I do or say seems to be able to bring it on.  It's the best feeling I think I could ever have.  It's when running goes from scary, harder than hell, not that enjoyable to all of a sudden a successful, amazing enjoyable thing I can't get enough of.  When I first started running, I remember a feeling of dread everytime practice days came along.  It was hard.  I don't like hard.  At some point, I remember 'it'.  All of a sudden, it wasn't as hard.  It was actually becoming enjoyable.  I suddenly had a new confidence about it. I suddenly could not wait to run. I don't think I was any better, faster or anything like that.  It's just that it was fitting well with me much better. 

I have no idea how to hold onto 'it', but I know I love it.  I cherish it and I believe it makes me better all around.  Happier, stronger, balanced, tolerant, kinder, more organized....It's just simply awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment