Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Sisterly Standing Sprain

So in a previous post, I mentioned my sister had taken up running.  Now right off the bat, I was excited to have yet another running buddy, someone to keep my ass off the couch, someone to slightly 'compete' with, someone to keep me going. 

Little did I know, she'd be kicking my ass all the way to the finish line.  Geez.  But I still love it.  While she's beat me pretty much in every race we've done, I don't care much.  I do, though...have the goal to at some point kick her butt.  Hasn't happened so far.  But maybe some day. 

In addition to her, she's recruited a few co-workers of hers, so it almost feels like a team effort. Quite fun, since we don't do all the races together, but usually have someone to partner with. 

Our last race together was A New Years Resolution race.  She beat me, of course, my vow to beat her had kicked in, but still didn't happen. 
Afterwards, I finished, met her at the finish line, standing in line for something, lightly stretching,  talking of times, she had grabbed my arm and in a panicked voice said " I did something. It hurts" 
She had literally sprained her hip while standing. So she's been off for a few weeks to let it heal.(  okay, okay, in all fairness, she likely did the sprain during the run, and it 'kicked in' while standing, but it's so much more fun to say she got hurt standing)

Yes, she sprained her hit standing.  So sounds like something I would do.  But I felt her pain.  Injuries suck. 

So here's to sprains while standing, getting old and at some point, being able to beat my sister.  Happy times indeed.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment