Thursday, February 13, 2014

Big Brother is Watching


My older brother has always been larger than life.  Not only in his personality, but his size as well. To put his weight on here I fear will earn me a punch in the arm, but he has more than a couple of hundred to lose. 
So at some point, and I'm not sure when, he started losing on his own.  We started seeing the difference in inches, but he was frustrated since the scale wasn't moving.  I noticed it for sure around the fall when it looked like he was a kid playing dress up in his daddy's pants.  Huge clown pants that once fit well. 

So he's mentioned before he wanted to start running.  At his size, he knew it was a bit unlikely.  But with more lost inches and more weight lost, he's decided to go for it. 
I found a program for beginners, similar to the one I started a few years back and we both signed up to start 5k training.  I was so very grateful that a few of my previous running pals were also in the program, so I had an instant comfort zone. 

Thus far, I'm pretty impressed with Big Brother- he's actually shown up (on time!)  to all the workouts, his humor and dedication are noticed and admired already by others and he's well on his way.  Still being the giant of the group doesn't seem to even matter or hasn't even been noticed by anyone. 

While browsing his weight loss helper site profile, I came across this....    

My Inspirations

  • Doing activities -participating in athletic events
  • My sister doing things I WANT to do
  • Changing my life for the better
  • Looking good for women!
Does he mean me?  Wow.  Didn't see that one coming!!
But overall, I'm glad I can help him.  Good to know this running nonsense is...contagious!?

1 comment: