Wednesday, February 12, 2014

No, It's Not What You Think....Really.

I did not, in fact get swallowed up by a lion.  I did not die, I did not sit on the couch and never get up again.  I did not move to the country without Internet access. I'm here.
So where the hell have I been?  Um....yeah, I got nothing. 

To be fair, the avenue that I usually write on was shut down for a bit with some stupid computer thing, so I wasn't able to access for awhile.  I did not forget this dusty old blog though...I really didn't.  In fact...I wrote quite a few entries and sent them to myself via email.  Yes, I do often email myself. 
So here's entry number one....


August 13, 2013
I've not posted in so very long...and there's a reason for that.  Kinda.  Sorta.  Maybe. 
The truth is, I don't feel much like a runner these days and am questioning whether I really am or not.  Do I even want to be?  it's a hard call.  I've discovered so many other activities I really do truly love and sadly, I'm not so sure running is one of them anymore. 
While training for the Eppie's Great Race Triathlon, I had to train for biking and kayaking ( it's a non-swimming tri, first of it's kind!) I got so used to biking and kayaking and realized I loved both.  Then there was swimming. Due to some hotter than hell Sacramento days, I was forced to the pool for workouts.  I absolutely refused to workout outside when it's a blistering 104 degrees.  Or 94 degrees for that matter.  I'm not a heat person in the least. Chances are if you know me, or at least read any entry in the summer months, you've heard me bitch.  A lot.   
I set out by swimming laps, which I already knew was good cross training, so I did it.  A lot. 
I know kayaking is not a workout in itself too much, but it sure is fun.  The fact that I cannot do it alone frustrates me to no end, but it is what it is. ( I cannot get it on the roof of the car, nor take it down, nor carry it to the water myself)
And then there was biking. 
I realized biking was one activity I could completely do with kiddo, as she loves to bike as well.  Mornings, evenings, weekends, the streets are always there, and living in the area that we do, we are so incredibly lucky to have an amazing bike trail along the great American River.  It's beautiful, paved, and it seems there are endless areas to explore. 

So what about running? 
*Sigh*
 
 I absolutely don't want to give up what I've accomplished.  No way.  I don't want to stop.  I fear of losing my 'skill' and my ability thus far.  There is one reason even better than that is that my best friend aka my sister has also taken up running 5K's and therefore I keep finding myself doing races here and signing up there. For now, I'm terribly grateful that she's doing so, because otherwise I fear I'd simply stop.  I hope she wants to continue. I do want to continue, but running + heat simply doesn't work for me.  So what if I were to take off say May through....October?  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment