Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Right After This Here Nap....

So I'm constantly thinking of getting back to my routine, the gym, attempting a slow run, and while I'm gearing up for it, there's been another obstacle...SICK. 
This is where I insert a huge, loud, horrible groan, moaning, scream. 
I started coming down with something about 2 weeks ago.  In typical fashion, I fought it hard, and won.  A week later, kiddo came down with some horrendous flu/cold combination.  Between running to the store for more juice and cough syrup, and sanitizing everything in the house for days, working out was not going to happen.  
We had a wonderful four day Christmas weekend, kiddo was getting better, lots to do, people to see, presents to wrap, all of it was amazing.  But my biggest mistake?  Letting my guard down, I went easy on the sanitizing, didnt sleep as much as I needed, and  here I sit, strenuously fighting sick again.  Zicam, Aleve, and Airborne as often as I can get away with.  Right now the overwhelming fatigue and overall run over by a truck feeling I have makes the thought of even getting out to the track feel like a marathon.  I figure a few days of rest, more Zicam, Airborne, apple juice and tylenol and I'll be good to go.  Providing there IS an actual end to this garbage.  Between home, work and the average everyday stranger, I feel like it's everywhere.  I'm truly not a germaphobe, but good Lord could someone label me that now.  It's all I can do to not spray people in the facew with Lysol when they come stand at me and cough. 
So I'm still needing that nap.  And even more so.  Sleep and preventative measures are what takes it away for me, almost always.  Here's to hoping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment