Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The New Temptation

In the course of my running adventures, I hit a wall.  Not knowing what my next 'action' should be to focus on, to concentrate on increasing mileage, time, weight loss, cross training...where to go from where I was was the question on my mind.  I decided to focus on weight loss and getting back to a fitness level I was once at.  Since a May vacation in Utah, the land of food, or so it seemed, I had kinda fallen off the wayside.  I had figured my muscle, fitness, metabolism and strength level were enough that I could kick back for a bit and not do serious damage to the weight loss. 
I was so very wrong.  I gained 20 pounds from May to August.  Stupid stupid Stupid. 

So my main focus was not on running itself, but calorie burning, weight loss and rebuilding my muscle and fitness strength.  Ive been 'running' with that in mind since and not stressing over times, mileage or anything of that nature but focusing more on calorie burn and times of cardio per week. 
Then a new temptation hits, a half marathon. 

The coach of running school ran in the Disneyland Half Marathon and boy did it look like fun.  Dressed in Disney Gear, running around Disneyland for 13.1 miles and then ending up with a medal.  Immediately it inspired me to think about training for a half marathon. 

On Facebook, a complete loser of a ton of weight, someone who's inspired me to no end started a group on running 5k's and up to a half marathon.  There it is again....coming into my face as though it's a sign.  Now its in my mind to wonder about training for a half marathon.  Could I do it?  This is the time, the weather is cooler, summer is over and things are on routine again.  I've decided that September 1st through about June1st is going to become my official 'running season', the season that's so weather agreeable to me, schedules are pretty well set, vacations are at a minimum and running is a lot more possible. 

At times the thought of it exhausts me to no end.  Other times, it excites me, knowing I could get one of those 13.1 stickers on my car, in my office, in my bathroom, tattooed on my hiney....just as proof I did it.

So do I do it? No idea.  I guess this will be one of those things that if it's meant to be it will somehow just happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment