Monday, October 22, 2012

Finally....Now Can I Stop Whining?!

The fall weather has FINALLY decided to come to California!!  A week ago, give or take, we were dying of the heat during an evening run.  Sweating like farm animals, and wishing for a break. 
Yesterdays run was perfect.  Cool, cloudy and dry.  Love love loved it!

I could never get enough of the cool weather running, so I'm thrilled to death with this time of year, and have big plans~ I've just recently gotten the green light to register for the half marathon training through running school.  The session starts in January, so until then, I'm going to keep my mileage up and perhaps build up to 7 miles.  I worked my way up to 6.55 miles for the Urban Cow Half Marathon Relay, so to let my mileage slip now would be dumb.  As soon as I can, I'm also going to register for the Shamrock'n Half Marathon in March.  That, I'm excited for!

My boss just asked me " Do you still run in the rain?"  Of course!  I advised him that it's the best time of the year to run, rain or not.  " It also really minimizes the risk of sweating to death", of course giving him a chuckle.  As if I was kidding.  I could do without the darker evenings, the mud puddles and slippery conditions, but rain? Oh bring it.  I love the cool weather runs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment